Thursday, September 6, 2012

Prologue

Kurt 1.0 was born on July 30, 1975 and died a drunken, disorderly mess in an alley behind a bar in San Diego in the early-morning hours of August 28, 2007. The point of the "Kurt 3.0" blog won't be to offer old drinking tales. I just explained all you need to know about that.

From the ashes emerged Kurt 2.0, a new sober being who had to learn to cope, love, win, lose, lose a few times again, balance a checkbook and accept the joys and the pitfalls of life without the bottle as a coping mechanism. Much of this came from a tried, true and well-known 12 step program I won't be discussing here.

Kurt 3.0 is now rising from the growth, success and failures of 2.0. When I fail, I get back up and start over. I don't cower in the corner and allow fear to control me.

Kurt 2.0 rediscovered the joys of exercise, the gym and physical activity. I trained for and ran a half-marathon and a marathon. I walked away from an unhappy situation in southern California and returned to my roots in Louisiana. I sat in front of a studio camera and anchored newscasts on the very television station I grew up watching. I'm a producer by trade though, and my days as a fill-in news anchor are over--at my own choosing. I joined the best gym in the Ark-La-Miss region (I'm biased). I received a certification to teach spin class. I am now certified as a personal trainer, once I have a CPR card.

Life is good. Life is about living.

Which brings me to Kurt 3.0 and my "biggest" goal that I will perform and record here. What happens when a former fat kid who's now too skinny on certain days decides at age 30something to "become a bodybuilder" for the next year?

Too late? Too old?

Hey, I won't be competing in any shows. Hmmm, I don't think so anyway. I'm just doing this to (first and foremost) better myself -- and prove it can be done.

For the next 365 days I'm going to bulk up through a lot of hard work, nutrition, SAFE and well-researched and LEGAL supplements (steroids are drugs, keep in mind, I'm Mr. Sober), and hopefully positive thoughts and vibes from those of you who follow the blog!

It won't be as dry as the "prologue," guys and gals. I'll be posting my workouts, what I'm eating, how I'm sleeping -- and probably more pictures of me and my transformation than you care to see!

LOL I'll start with this pic from yesterday. Besides getting bigger, one of my other goals is to turn the "four-pack" into a SIX PACK! Wish me luck, and here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment